The University of Lausanne (UNIL) and the University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland (HES-SO) are offering a joint Master of Science (MSc) in Health Sciences including five orientations. It is aimed at students who hold a Bachelor’s in one of these disciplines.
The following orientations are offered:
- Occupational Therapy
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Medical Radiology Techniques
This innovative, advanced, interprofessional course is the only one of its kind in Switzerland and allows students to develop and enhance both specific knowledge in their own discipline and a broader understanding of the issues across the five professions.
It emphasises skills development in critical thinking, research methods and professional leadership, to support the use of relevant, evidence-based data in professional practice. It places particular importance on interprofessional cooperation.
Master of Science (MSc) in Health Sciences, orientation Occupational Therapy; Nutrition and Dietetics; Physiotherapy; Midwifery; or Medical Radiology Techniques
3 semesters full-time, up to 6 semesters part-time
French. Courses may be taught in English. Recommended levels : C1 in French, B2 in English.
Final enrolment dates
By the end of the course, you will be equipped to take on significant responsibilities within the health system, by promoting and super- vising high-quality, efficient and coordinated interventions.
The MSc in Health Sciences provides access to careers in a very diverse range of activities, including :
- Promotion and implementation of scientifically based practices
- Development, coordination and evaluation of projects and services
- Professional and interprofessional teaching
- Health care research, quality and safety
- Communicating and disseminating information to various target audiences
- Team leadership from the perspective of interprofessional cooperation
- Representing and defending the interests of users of the health system.