The Social Affairs and Student Mobility Office (SASME) is part of the Rectorate at the University of Lausanne (UNIL) and has nine staff.
Its responsibilities are as follows:
- Providing advice on social affairs and financial assistance;
- Implementing university exchange agreements signed by UNIL;
- Helping UNIL students who are looking for accommodation;
- Supporting UNIL students who looking for a part-time job;
- Welcoming university exchange students and Swiss Confederation grant holders coming to study at UNIL;
- Awarding and monitoring performance grants for students taking a Master’s course at UNIL;
- Coordinating psychotherapeutic consultation services at UNIL with other student services providers.
The team works in conjunction with other services, such as the Guidance and Careers Office (SOC), the Health Centre and the Admissions Office (SII).